Old 29-07-2003, 06:02 PM
graham

Default herb garden

"Sandie Hudson" wrote in message
.com...
My husband's veggie garden has done so well this year that I
plan to encourage him to keep it going every year. This
leaves me with a small square near the patio where I used to
grow a few tomatoes. I think I would like to try to grow
some herbs there. What advice do you have? I would like
perennials or self seeders that love sun and are easy to
care for. Which ones to plant and when?

Thanks

Plant some French Tarragon (not the Russian variety which has absolutely no
flavor). French Tarragon is a perennial and can only be propogated from root
stock whereas the Russian is grown from seed. Go to a reliable nusery as
they often sell the russian kind without knowing how useless it is. You can
always tell the difference: rub a leaf between your fingers and the FT will
give off a strong anise-like scent.
Graham