Old 29-07-2003, 06:02 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] Another beginner to Bonsai(help?)

Actually a geranium is not a bad plant for practicing
bonsai. It takes a lot of pruning and will pop out
readily from internodes. Some of them get very woody.
I don't think they would wire well though.

Kitsune Miko

Jim Doyle sells a cultivar of geranium (anyone know which?) that has
woody stems and leaves like Acer japonicum (half-moon maple). It's
really cool!

As for "raggedy", I was thinking of the geranium that sat in my
father's office for a surprising number of years: it was two feet
long tall and had 3 leaves.
--
Nina Shishkoff

Frederick, MD