Old 29-07-2003, 08:03 PM
Corcoran. Bil

Default [IBC] Bougainvillea safe inseticide/pesticide.

Carlos:

I'll thank Carl Rosner in advance, but for mealey I use his recipe and
it's great and safe. I'm sure he can chime in with exact measurements.

In a gallon jug I add about a teaspoon of vegetable oil and a tablespoon
of dishwashing soap, then slowly add water to fill it. I pour that into
a spray bottle and add a capful or two of rubbing alcohol right before I
spray. If you do the rubbing alcohol earlier it will evaporate.

I then spray it on the plant and I will target the mealey with the spray
as much as possible to knock them loose. Carl and many others just
leave it on. I leave it for 10 or 15 minutes then spray it off with a
stiff stream of water. The only problem I had was one batch had too
much vegetable oil which although it made the leaves look nice and shiny
some of the leaves were not happy and they yellowed.

I also try to get my Bougey's outside when it's warm to get better
airflow which mealey seem to hate. Inside you can use a fan.

On a side note mealey have tiny shell-like stripes and tiny cotton puffs
of web-like stuff and they are whitish gray not green. Green little
worm-like devils could be aphids or even caterpillars. This mix will
work on aphids but I'm not sure on caterpillars. Can you give us a
better description of the devils??

Wmcorcor

PS Bougeys will drop leaves if you look at them wrong but they always
seem to come back as long as you don't get them too cold.