Old 30-07-2003, 12:35 AM
Josh

Default 55g planted setup

Hey, I am moving to college in about 5 days and have gotten an
aparment with my friend and am bringing my aquariums with me, actually
im selling my 55 to a friend for use as a terrium but i am aquariung a
brand new All-Glass 55g set up with pine stand and top/lights for only
159.99... I couldnt resist that deal from the Local LFS that will be
only 1 block away from my new aparment! - (that could be a bad
thing... lol) But I have been planning this aquarium for a while now
and here is what I am plannig for it

All Glass 55g on pine Cabnet Stand

Going to buy 110W (2x55W) retrofit kit from AH Supply

Flourite (I already have 3 bags because I was going to make my smaller
tank a planted tank but i upgraded I guess.. oops...) - question here
is I will be buying 2 more bags, do you think this is sufficent for a
55g aquarium? That is 77lbs of flourite, or should I get more???....
and I cannot remeber what site I got that flourite from for like only
15 bux a bag?? anyone know of this site??

Am planning on sometime within next 2 months to buy a CO2 set-up and
probally put a ph controller on it.. I found a pretty good looking one
from a place called rapidswholesale.com I believe at a pretty good
price.. they are selling it as a home brewing thing but it has dual
guages and I have a site that talked about how this guy did his and
only ended up spending about 145 bux w/o a
contoller.http://www.dlink.org/aqua/CO2.html - think this is a good
idea or have any other suggustions for a Co2 set up? Also any ph
contollers that are a pretty good deal...

Also for night I would probally wanna run some air into the tank when
the lights are off right? So how much or how big of a air pump do I
need then?

Then of course a heater, probably a nice Rena one that i can get for
about 20 bux online and have plenty of wattage for a 55g.

The tank will probalby be lightly stocked, possibly medium stock...
but definatly not full stock

Will be running a Fluval 304 on this tank that I already have

So any suggustions to my set-up and the questions I have above,
anything else I should take into consideration, all replies will be
greatly appricated - thanx - Josh