Old 30-07-2003, 01:02 AM
V_coerulea

Default Watermelon question

Nothing wrong with that white underbelly thing. That's a watermelon. It
won't rot because it's white or always on the ground, only if something
bores into it or munches on the rind. Even then, I've seen the melon dry out
on the area, almost heal over, with no rot.
Gary

"J. Lane" wrote in message
. ca...
Hi jerry,
You can leave them right where they are but once in a while I would turn
them a quarter turn to avoid that white underbelly thing and avoid
posibility of rot.
--
Jayel
"jerry" wrote in message
My watermelons are bout the size of footballs now and my question is, do

need to put anything under the melons or leave them lay on the dirt as

they
are growing ?