Old 30-07-2003, 05:32 AM
Françoise

Default herb garden

Hi,

Basil and parsley are not perennials here in Canada. My thyme did not sur=
vive
the winter.

Fran=E7oise.

"J. Lane" wrote:

Hi Sandie,
Most herbs are perennials and like the sun. Choose what you like to use=

in
your cooking etc, and plant them. Basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme(je=

ezeI
sound like Simon and Garfunkle) come to mind. Don't plant mints. They a=

re
almost impossible to get rid of and take over the bed. The roots can gr=

ow
two feet down and spread all over the place. Best to use a container fo=

them.
--
Jayel
"Sandie Hudson" wrote in message
.com...
My husband's veggie garden has done so well this year that I
plan to encourage him to keep it going every year. This
leaves me with a small square near the patio where I used to
grow a few tomatoes. I think I would like to try to grow
some herbs there. What advice do you have? I would like
perennials or self seeders that love sun and are easy to
care for. Which ones to plant and when?

Thanks