Old 30-07-2003, 07:42 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default koi and plants?

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 00:56:40 GMT, "LYNN FORRES" wrote:

new to koi - 5 nice sized koi in 700 gallon cement pond - the local experts
tell us that you never put plants in with koi because they tear them up and
make a mess. Seems like they would like a little shelter with plants.
Please share your experience with us. TIA L.

In your case they're probably right.

To do plants and koi, ideally plant heavily and purchase small butterfly
koi.

Went to Petsmart today and was SHOCKED! They had 4-5 inch koi for the steep
price of $29.99. The folks who purchased my 18-20" butterfly koi for
$35/each got a steal. But they're in a very good home... I'll see it next
week. Maybe I'll mention, you know that $35 you paid me? It was just the
down payment. ;o) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~