Old 30-07-2003, 12:42 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default Gambusia vs Koi babies

Thanks for the suggestion.

Actually, I have not seen them spawn. No chases and no foam. I have lots
of parrots feather in one leg of the pond and can move it to a veggie filter
if I see a spawn or its aftermath.

I will keep an eye open.

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per jogger) at:
www.jogathon.net
See our pond at: http://www.home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-jameshurley
"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 05:22:16 -0500, "Phyllis and Jim Hurley"
wrote:

Nasty choice he Kill gambusia and have mosquitos or have gambusia and

no
koi babies.

If you really want koi babies, toss a couple of water hyacinths in during
spawning time and pull them out after the deed is done, put some place
separate (the veggie filter?) to grow out. Once you have baby koi in the
veggie filter you won't need gambusia, perhaps a mosquito dunk prior to
spawning would do? ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~