Old 30-07-2003, 06:22 PM
Racf

Default 55g planted setup

"Rex Grigg" wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 04:53:56 -0500, "Racf"
wrote:

"Josh" wrote in message
.. .
Hey, I am moving to college in about 5 days and have gotten an
aparment with my friend and am bringing my aquariums with me,

actually
im selling my 55 to a friend for use as a terrium but i am

aquariung a
brand new All-Glass 55g set up with pine stand and top/lights for

only
159.99... I couldnt resist that deal from the Local LFS that will

be
only 1 block away from my new aparment! - (that could be a bad
thing... lol) But I have been planning this aquarium for a while

now
and here is what I am plannig for it

All Glass 55g on pine Cabnet Stand

Going to buy 110W (2x55W) retrofit kit from AH Supply

You can buy a shoplight at FleetFarm for $10 bucks that will take 4

T4s
or T8s. Bulbs are seriously cheaper and work very well. Even has a
cord on it.

The AH Supply 110 watt light will give you more usable light in the
tank than a 4 bulb shop light will. I have had both and there is way
more light with the AH Supply setup due to reflector. Shop lights
don't have reflectors they have diffusers so they can light up the
shop.

Semper Fi!

Visit the forums at Aqua Botanic!
http://aquabotanicwetthumb.infopop.cc/#1

Need Nitrate or Potassium for your tank? Go to www.litemanu.com
(Just a happy customer of the above!)

I think you are overstating a bit.......but that's ok...AH supply
zealots usually do....
(4) T8s or T4s without a polished aluminum reflector do produce enough
light to be successful and at a fraction of the cost upfront and on the
backend. The ballast alone is well worth $10. One of the few I have
seen designed to drive either bulb. Its not the best light or ballast
that money can buy, but at $10 it isn't that bad. That's all....My shop
lights only use T4s......