Old 30-07-2003, 10:04 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default Repeat Post re Hostas not blooming

You forgot to do the fertility dance!!!

During the next full moon, you wait until the stroke of midnight, strip
naked and dance like a lunatic on your front lawn shouting "Ohm Bwana Ananas
Siam" as loudly as you can. That should get prompt results!!!

If your plants really were in ideal condition, then they surely would be
blooming. Wouldn't they? Most likely they have been over fertilized, over
watered and pampered into excessive vegetative growth at the expense of
flowers. It is probably too late for flowers this year. Don't over do it
next year.

Jutta wrote in message ...
I have to ask again if anyone has any ideas why my 5 different types of
Hostas are not blooming whereas my neighbours' hostas are all in bloom?
They are in an ideal condition, get watered and fertilized and look
healthy. 2 types are new, so I don't expect them to bloom; the others
are 3 years old (H. sagae; H. Elegans are two of them). What gives?????