Old 30-07-2003, 10:21 PM
Sam Hopkins

Default DIY Fake Rocks

Thanks Lee. I used to drive around on my motorcycle and take pictures of
cool rock formations and try to reproduce them at home. It's a fun hobby
when it's too hot to do anything else outside.

Sam

"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message
Sam - you're a man of many talents! Those actually look real! I suppose
though - after digging your lake - you probably had a lot of stone to use

as
"inpiration", huh? Really nice work!

Lee

"Sam Hopkins" wrote in message
.. .
It's pretty easy. Make a bunch of test rocks first though because it is
something that takes practice. Check out all the concrete aquarium
backgrounds I made:

http://www.tiversa.com/concrete/

Sam

"stricks760" wrote in message
Hi -

Still pondering about my waterfall. (1) Anyone with experience making

fake
rocks? I've got a book or two, is it as easy as they make it sound?

(2)
I've read about chicken wire and concrete approach, and the expanding

foam
approach. Any comments? (3) Doing ANYTHING involving chicken wire

on
top
of the liner sounds like trouble to me, comments? (4) All these

concrete
fake rocks, same issues with alkalinity as concrete in the pond

itself?

A ton of questions, but the fake rocks thing is sounding like a good

option.
But a realistic option?

Thanks!