Old 30-07-2003, 11:32 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default chilean fire bush

The message
from Chris Hogg contains these words:

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:50:24 +0100, Green Earth
wrote:

Has anybody successfully grown a Chilean Fire Bush from cuttings?

if yes, how?

No, but they set seed fairly readily which germinate without
difficulty IME. Remember that CFB (Embothrium) are members of the
protea family and don't like phosphate, so don't use a general purpose
fertiliser on them, stick with nitrogen and potash only, or at best
only tomato fertiliser.

Thanks for that tip; I'm just about to plant one in the garden. I'll
also pass this on to Bob, who is finding his pot of seedlings very
slow-growing.

Janet.