Old 31-07-2003, 01:05 AM
jammer

Default Rosey Reds

I have caught an aweful lot of bluegill on minnows for "them" to be
saying bluegill don't eat fish!

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:34:21 -0400, "Sam Hopkins"
wrote:

Bob,

They're put in the pond for food for the bass. I've read everywhere
that bluegills dont eat fish however all the bluegills I have raised in
aquariums eat them with no reserve. Around here they're used as bait for
fishing. As bait or for pond stocking they are called "fatheads" but in the
petstore they are called "rosey reds". Around here at least you're supposed
to stock them and golden shiners before your bass so that they get establish
before the bass start sucking them down. I stocked them at the same time as
my bass but my bass where only 1.5-2 inches long and wouldnt have been able
to eat the full sized ones anyways. 1,000 of them cost around $100.00 or so
delivered via UPS.

Sam

"Bob Adkins" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 13:08:45 -0400, "Sam Hopkins"
wrote:

Looks like the 1,000 rosey reds I stocked in my pond spawned and now I

have
about 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,003 new ones all

along
the shoreline of my pond. It's crazy seeing drones of fish schools like
that.

Hey Sam, how are rosy red's as food for bluegill? How about eating
mosquitos? Do they eat as many as mosquito fish? How about bait? Think

they
would be easy to net for use as bluegill and bass bait? About how much

does
1000 cost delivered?

I have 100 more questions, but I'll leave you alone for now. :-)

Bob