Old 31-07-2003, 01:32 AM
Noydb

Default Cucumbers grown in cages

Angi wrote:

I chose straight 8 and marketmore and the cucumbers are almost perfectly
straight because they hang down unobstructed rather than lay on the ground
needing to overcome the soil resistance while growing and in the past,
have usually been shape-deformed (almost half moon)! Since the cages are
only about 2 feet wide, a person needs an eagle eye to find them amongst
all the leaves inside the cages.
I was forced to try to grow them vertically for the first time ever
because of moving into a much smaller garden.

I have a dinky garden (280 sq ft) and the only way I could possibly get much
yield at all is by gardening upward. But ya oughta see my 'maters and
cukes!

Bill
--
Zone 5b (Detroit, MI)