Old 31-07-2003, 02:42 AM

Default Sad Mini Roses

When the ancient war dogs did battle on Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:02:14
-0400, "FireDragon" did speak the
following bit of wisdom:

My garden has to be strictly indoors..

I've never tried it myself, but I've heard that miniature roses can be
kept in hanging containers. That might be a solution to keeping them
away from your dog and neighbors. ???

In any case, minis can certainly be kept in pots almost indefinitely.
If I were you, I'd find a couple of nice, fairly roomy containers --
either hanging ones or to regular pots to stand on your porch or deck
where you can enjoy them -- and repot these roses. Give them good
quality potting mix to grow in and like the other poster suggested,
try to get as much of that crappy peat stuff off the roots without
unduly damaging them. Treat these plants like new cuttings and baby
them a little. Gradually move them into full sun and keep them always
well watered (but don't allow them to sit in water -- roses HATE
that). A little bone meal worked into the potting soil could be
helpful as might the application of some epsom salts. Also try posting
your question to the folks at rec.gardens.roses

Hope this helps! Best wishes...

* * * * *
Karen C.
Southern CT / USDA Zone 6
Spammers be damned! I can't be emailed from this account...

"Gardeners know all the best dirt!"