Old 31-07-2003, 03:02 AM

Default herb garden

When the ancient war dogs did battle on Tue, 29 Jul 2003 08:09:17 GMT,
"J. Lane" did speak the following bit of wisdom:

Most herbs are perennials and like the sun. Choose what you like to use in
your cooking etc, and plant them.

Or... If you're like me and don't really do much cooking, you can
plant a "fragrance" garden. I grow herbs mostly for the lovely scents
many of them give off when you ruffle or crush their leaves. Sweet
Annie (and other Artemisias), lemon balm, lemon verbena, peppermint,
spearmint, pennyroyal, rosemary and the various types of scented
geraniums are personal favorites. Even if they're not hardy in your
particular zone, most of these can be over wintered in a cool, bright,
frost-free place and enjoyed year after year. The scented geraniums in
particular can make wonderful house plants all year round. Enjoy...

* * * * *
Karen C.
Southern CT / USDA Zone 6
Spammers be damned! I can't be emailed from this account...

"Gardeners know all the best dirt!"