Old 31-07-2003, 09:22 AM
Amanda Pope

Default New Pump

As someone who sells a lot of these things online. I can advise you of a
couple of things from a trade perspective

The fewer moving parts the better.We get very few returns from the Blagdon
Amphibious range. ( magnetic movement)

A lot of the new pumps are styled to appeal to the 40 something man. Boys
toys. many are overpriced for the performance. (If it looks like a car or a
trainer then this is a big clue) Beware of gimmick its nearly all marketing.

Linked pump filter systems are to make you buy both from the same
manufacturer. Not necessary at all.

You do get what you pay for. The cheap pumps with exception of the Trident
Otter range are just that.

Do not ever buy the really cheap Italian ones doing the round in the garden
centres they are a complete waste of money.

Check the cost of spare parts. Ceramic shafts and impellers are often as
expensive as the pump.

Never buy an pump that will be struggling to do the job you want. Always buy
a bigger pump there will be less wear and tear on a pump working under
capacity than flat out.

With that in mind chose solid handling or clear water to suit your filter
system.

Hope this helps.

www.arghamvillage.co.uk

graham wrote in message
. ..
I am having to replace my nursery pro pump, I need something that will
deliver around 600gph to the top of a 6 ft water fall with 1in tubing. I

am
looking at the OASE Nautilus 30 as a replacement, am I on the right track

or
not