Old 31-07-2003, 10:12 AM
Eric Schreiber

Default 55g planted setup

Josh wrote:

All Glass 55g on pine Cabnet Stand
Going to buy 110W (2x55W) retrofit kit from AH Supply

It depends on the plants you're growing of course, but 55 gallon tanks
are fairly deep. You might want to consider more light, like three (or
even four, because of the depth) watts per gallon.

Can't fault you on AHSupply, though. Great prices for anyone with even
a little bit of DIY skill.

Flourite (I already have 3 bags because I was going to make my smaller
tank a planted tank but i upgraded I guess.. oops...) - question here
is I will be buying 2 more bags, do you think this is sufficent for a
55g aquarium?

From what the Seachem site says, three bags should be enough for a 55
gallon tank, but I personally prefer a deeper substrate. Considering
how expensive Flourite is, you might want to consider mixing it with a
conventional gravel that matches in color.

Then of course a heater, probably a nice Rena one that i can get for
about 20 bux online and have plenty of wattage for a 55g.

I like Ebo-Jager brand heaters. Give them a look.

So any suggustions to my set-up and the questions I have above,
anything else I should take into consideration, all replies will be
greatly appricated - thanx - Josh

Yeah, don't forget to study while you're at college

--
www.ericschreiber.com