Old 31-07-2003, 11:24 AM
Peter H

Default Late in the game of lawn

"Gene Moon" wrote in message
My backyard lawn is really just all yellow now. I have not followed up

well
on the watering plans that people advised me of earlier, and I am seeing

the
ramifications. From what was patches of green here and there has now

become
complete yellow.

Can I start the water process now? It is August here in Oklahoma, leaves
are starting to fall. Should I still consider watering? Or just let it

go
until next year?

Gene

Your lawn could be dormant or it could have an insect problem. This is the
time of year that many insect problems start up. Go to the edge of one of
the brown spots and check for insects. This link will give you some ideas of
what to look for.

http://www.hort.cornell.edu/gardening/lawn/insects.html

Or call in the pros.

Peter H