Old 30-07-2003, 10:25 PM
Gene Moon

Default Late in the game of lawn

My backyard lawn is really just all yellow now. I have not followed up well
on the watering plans that people advised me of earlier, and I am seeing the
ramifications. From what was patches of green here and there has now become
complete yellow.

Can I start the water process now? It is August here in Oklahoma, leaves
are starting to fall. Should I still consider watering? Or just let it go
until next year?

Gene

Old 31-07-2003, 09:13 AM
Die Spammer !!!!!

Gene Moon wrote:

My backyard lawn is really just all yellow now. I have not followed up well
on the watering plans that people advised me of earlier, and I am seeing the
ramifications. From what was patches of green here and there has now become
complete yellow.

Can I start the water process now? It is August here in Oklahoma, leaves
are starting to fall. Should I still consider watering? Or just let it go
until next year?

Gene

yes, the grass needs water. it has not gone dormant yet and wont for a while
still ... if you water the lawn in the early morning just after sunrise when it
is still cool and early evening for 15-30 minutes everyday, your lawn should
look plush green like ya want it in 2 to 3 weeks. also put down some dolomite
lime if ya haven't in a while

Old 31-07-2003, 11:24 AM
Peter H

"Gene Moon" wrote in message
My backyard lawn is really just all yellow now. I have not followed up

well
on the watering plans that people advised me of earlier, and I am seeing

the
ramifications. From what was patches of green here and there has now

become
complete yellow.

Can I start the water process now? It is August here in Oklahoma, leaves
are starting to fall. Should I still consider watering? Or just let it

go
until next year?

Gene

Your lawn could be dormant or it could have an insect problem. This is the
time of year that many insect problems start up. Go to the edge of one of
the brown spots and check for insects. This link will give you some ideas of
what to look for.

http://www.hort.cornell.edu/gardening/lawn/insects.html

Or call in the pros.

Peter H

How late is too late? ZeroWing North Carolina 3 20-06-2005 12:24 AM
Artemisia 'Powis Castle' - late or late? Tyra Trevellyn Gardening 0 05-05-2004 05:05 AM
Artemisia 'Powis Castle' - late or late? David J Bockman Gardening 3 03-05-2004 02:02 AM
How late is too late? FBCS Ponds 12 29-08-2003 01:04 AM
Late in the game of lawn Gene Moon Lawns 0 30-07-2003 10:22 PM