Old 31-07-2003, 04:42 PM
Corcoran. Bil

Default [IBC] BT#84 Takagi pot comp wonderings

Dale:

When I checked out the pots in BT, not even paying attention to their
size, my only thoughts were that they looked almost completely modern in
an art form where classic and "old" seems to be the overriding theme.
Personally they didn't appeal to me. Some are beautiful pottery, but
from a bonsai standpoint they really didn't seem to work for me. I will
admit that I do like a more modern pottery approach for some of my
trees, but even with that preference I found them almost too modern or
too non-traditional. Maybe we've run out of ways to make a lotus-shaped
pot look new or interesting in a pot competition or maybe this is the
new wave of bonsai pottery but in either case I have a gut feeling there
is a better way to go that would still appeal to the traditionalists. I
guess time (and next years competition) will tell.

Bil
wmcorcor

PS The size was a little much for my trees too....

==
== I'm really curious if the average bonsai guy oit there would , upon
== seeing one for sale at a convention, think to himself, "oh yea, I
could
== put my azalea in that"
== Regards,
== Dale Cochoy, Wild Things Bonsai Studio, Hartville, Ohio

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++