Old 31-07-2003, 07:05 PM
Pat Meadows

Default The corn saga

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:44:17 -0500, Andrew McMichael
wrote:

Ha. Despite this being a city of 50,000, we're pretty rural. Everyone in
politics around here grew up together and are intermarried. The sheriff's
family and the judge's family go *way* back. The judge's family has a school,
a street, a youth center, and the Arts & Sciences part of our college named
after them. The sheriff is a good ole boy. named "Peanuts" Gaines. In a big
city that'd work, around here I'm not so sure.

It seems to me that your best alternative is to fence your
garden sufficiently to keep dogs out.

It's unfair that you have to pay the penalty for an
irresponsible dog owner, but such is life, sometimes.

I have two large dogs, btw, they are most definitely NEVER
allowed to run loose. They are confined (by fencing) to our
own property or walked on a leash.

Pat