Old 31-07-2003, 07:05 PM
Tyra Trevellyn

Default Fresh horseradish

(Rob) wrote:

Tyra wrote:

Well, Ken, I guess it's that horseradish phobia we hear so much about

these
days. People are just afraid to open the posts. Oh, and another

possibility:
maybe the OP's neighbor is actually a former neighbor who moved away but

never
forgets horseradish fanciers. Please,
, help us out
here?

Tyra

This is the original message poster.

Tyra finally got it right. The neighbor was a former neighbor. I
recently moved from VA to NC and couldn't find a good local source for
fresh roots, so I asked my neighbor to mail me a few from a large
patch he has in his garden.

Fortunately, I've found a vendor at a local farmers market to keep me
supplied.

Rob

Rob, thanks for the answer! (Actually, just after I posted my final guess, the
other possibility hit me.....the more correct one....that you were the one who
had moved away.) T'was fun anyway.

I'm glad you got your horseradish, In fact, although I love the stuff, I
usually stick to fresh-in-jars. But because of this thread, I was overjoyed
yesterday when my local supermarket advertised fresh horseradish root. Liars.
Not a piece to be found. ("Oh, yeah, I think we had some yesterday....") I'm
going to try my local Farmers' Market next time. Someday, when I have a few
acres, I'll plant my own.

Best,
Tyra
nNJ usa z7