Old 31-07-2003, 08:33 PM
Spider

Default Brown Leilandii Confiers!!

Both Honey Fungus and a phytophthora fungus attack conifers. There is also
at least one insect parasite (sorry, don't know its name).
As well as drought, flooding can also affect the root systems of trees and
shrubs - often as a delayed reaction and therefore seeming to be
unconnected.
However, I favour fungal attack in this case: mycorhizae travelling through
the soil would create the chain-reaction you have described. I hope for
your sake that it isn't Honey Fungus.

Spider

****-in-the-Hat wrote in message
Hi There!! i have one conifer that just all of a sudden went all brown

then
slowly the others next to it are going brown it seems to be spreading but
not sure wot it is anyone have any ideas and cures! TIA