Old 01-08-2003, 03:12 AM

Default DIY co2 for longer than 7-14 days

"Paul" wrote
a problem I can see
with your system is that as the level of the sugar water drops the time

the
air pump will be required to run to effect the correct dose of feed for

the
yeast factory will have to be increased.

hadn't considered that. good point.

"Eric Schreiber" wrote
I wonder if a micro-pump could be used instead of the air pump, such
that it moved water directly from the sugar water reservoir into the
yeast factory? I'm sure some sort of 'dosing' pump like that must
exist,

yes, the marine reef aquaria guys use them all the time. I'm thinking that's
going to be be the ticket. pity they are so expensive though.

thanks for the constructive criticism. it will be some time before I can try
it out, but I'll post the results when I do.