Old 01-08-2003, 03:33 AM
BT

Default Repeat Post re Hostas not blooming

Are your hostas getting enough light to stimulate blooms? Hosta will grow in
very deep shade, but in my experience they tend to do better and bloom best if
they get some sunlight. Filtered or morning sun should be adequate.

Try dividing a couple hostas and plant the divisions in other locations to see
if that makes a difference. I just fertilize twice each season with 15-30-15
water soluble stuff; once as the leaves are starting to unfurl in the spring and
again three weeks later. All of them bloom just fine. I only water if we have
had really hot weather for a week with no rain.

BT

"Jutta" wrote in message ...
I can't recall any of them blooming ever. Puzzled

NewsUser wrote:

Have the older ones bloomed in previous years?

"Jutta" wrote in message ...
I have to ask again if anyone has any ideas why my 5 different types of
Hostas are not blooming whereas my neighbours' hostas are all in bloom?
They are in an ideal condition, get watered and fertilized and look
healthy. 2 types are new, so I don't expect them to bloom; the others
are 3 years old (H. sagae; H. Elegans are two of them). What gives?????