Old 01-08-2003, 03:50 AM
Phisherman

Default Tomatoes not ripening

We have been getting ripe cherry tomatoes and maybe a half dozen riped
BetterBoy so far this year. A couple tomatoes have rotted due to
unusual rain. I have three green tomatoes that have fallen off the
vine but they are on an east windowsill to ripen. Wow! The flavor is
intense. Some folks like fried green tomatoes but personally don't
care for it. I'm now in E TN but grew up in Ohio where the tomatoes
have the ideal climate and the best.

On 01 Aug 2003 01:39:57 GMT, arden (NAearthMOM)
wrote:

SAme thing here.........zone 6b Long Island.........the beefsteaks
don't even have flowers yet......the cherry and grape tomatoes have set fruit
but nothing has ripened.......heck my eggplants haven't done a thing yet
either...........
However, it has been an amazing year for the sweet peas. Started them
from seed back in the winter & they are STILL going like gangbusters.
Love caryn
n doing
fine for me while some of the others have not started to
produce yet.

"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"