Old 01-08-2003, 02:12 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Stocking Koi and Gold fish

"Megan Wilson" wrote in message
I know its been siad over and over that you're supposed to have 1000 gal

for
the ifrst koi and and 100 gal for each additional koi, but what is the

water
to fish ratio for gold fish (big ones, like 3-7 inches right now). Also if

put goldfish in there how would that affect the the koi to water ratio?
Thanks much!

Megan, the key thing to remember here is that this 1000 gallon per koi
thing, is a thumb based rule. In theory you could keep a koi in a 10 gallon
tank if you kept the water clean enough. Of course she'd be more happy in a
swimming pool then a mason jar, but we're talking water quality, not
quantity.

With that in mind, having said that, etc...your fish load is dependant on
your filtration...so how big is your pond and what are your parameters like?

BV.