Old 01-08-2003, 03:35 PM
Twat-in-the-Hat

Default Brown Leilandii Confiers!!

Thanks for all the responses!! the trees are well looked after, always
trimmed neatly to stop the lanky neighbour looking through front window all
the time,so doubt it is him although it could explain the misterious broken
one, anyway if it is this root fungus that has been mentioned a few times
how would i go about gettin rid of it. cheers!

"Spider" wrote in message
Both Honey Fungus and a phytophthora fungus attack conifers. There is

also
at least one insect parasite (sorry, don't know its name).
As well as drought, flooding can also affect the root systems of trees and
shrubs - often as a delayed reaction and therefore seeming to be
unconnected.
However, I favour fungal attack in this case: mycorhizae travelling

through
the soil would create the chain-reaction you have described. I hope for
your sake that it isn't Honey Fungus.

Spider

****-in-the-Hat wrote in message
Hi There!! i have one conifer that just all of a sudden went all brown

then
slowly the others next to it are going brown it seems to be spreading

but
not sure wot it is anyone have any ideas and cures! TIA