Old 01-08-2003, 05:42 PM
fugateb fugateb is offline
Registered User

Default Killing or Controlling Rose of Sharon??

I have an entire row of ROS between mine and my neighbors house. They are uncontrollable, there are little ones that are invading about 10 feet into my yard, which I mow with the lawn mower every week. Between the bushes I chopped the small ones down with a hedge trimmer. I even cut down a 20 foot row of the biggest ones between my house and the road, with a chainsaw. The other ones I pruned about 80 percent of them away. This was about 2 months ago and the are already growing out of control. If I can't control them, or stop them from invading my grass, how can I kill them? I've thought of burning the damn things down, but I think the local Fire Dept. would frown on a 70 foot wall of fire next to my neighbors house..... Please help.....