Old 01-08-2003, 08:12 PM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

Default Web page help please

In message , Malcolm
writes

In article ,
tradinka writes
Hi,

I understand from my ISP that I have 10MB of free Web space. With this
information in mind, I would like to compile and publish on the Internet a
small photo album containing a few of my plant pictures. I already have a
simple Web site creation program with almost full instructions, the only
thing it doesn't tell me is how to retrieve a Web page from my ISP when I
wish to re-new it or change any photograph. Any advice and help would be
most welcome.

You will need some software, which is normally free, that will FTP
(file transfer protocol - I think) your files to your webpage.

Though I usually use WS-FTP, Internet Explorer has a perfectly good (and
easy to use) basic FTP client built in.

Just type in the FTP address in the address bar and away you go, it will
ask you for a password and username if necessary.

you can then drag and drop files to move them.

--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ: