Old 01-08-2003, 11:23 PM
Beecrofter

Default Baby Shampoo as Horticultural Soap

(paghat) wrote in message ...
I dunno that I'll ever have need of this little tidbit, but it kinda
interested me, as I used to use dishwashing soap as a horticultural soap
to get rid of aphids, until I discovered a good hard spray of water did
the job just as well, without injury to ladybug larvae. Jerry Baker
(thuggish anti-marijuana hippy-head-bashing police officer cum "America's
Master Gardener") suggests using baby shampoo instead of dishwashing OR
horticultural soap, because baby shampoo has a very small amount of
fungicide in it as well. That was news to me, but interesting, & possibly
useful to know.

-paghat the ratgirl

Ivory bar soap swished around until the water looks a bit gray works fine.
I wonder how Dr Bronners does?