Old 02-08-2003, 06:12 AM
Racf

Default substrate?

"Dan Norgard" wrote in message
Ok, I'm new at this...last tank I had was 45 years ago. Now I think

I've
jumped the gun. I have a 29 gal. tank with 'natural' gravel and I

planted
several varieties straight into the gravel. I just have 3 small fish

right
now.
The question is: Can I move the gravel aside and insert the Laterite

around
the plants without turning the water to mud?
Thanks,
Dan

Probably not....but you could add those root tab things. Seachem makes
a gravel conditioner type. In essence, its a chunk of desired minerals
that melts slowly releasing its goodies into the gravel bed. I have
used them many times and in my opinion are extremely effective when used
as the directions say. They are cheap........

There are other brands, but I have not tried them....