Old 02-08-2003, 01:02 PM
LeighMo

Default substrate?

Ok, I'm new at this...last tank I had was 45 years ago. Now I think I've
jumped the gun. I have a 29 gal. tank with 'natural' gravel and I planted
several varieties straight into the gravel. I just have 3 small fish right
now.
The question is: Can I move the gravel aside and insert the Laterite around
the plants without turning the water to mud?

It might be easier to use laterite balls. (There are recipes on the net.)
They are also sold pre-made. Just stick them in the substrate -- no muss, no
fuss. They are also good for replenishing a laterite substrate that is
exhausted.

Leigh