Old 02-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Pam

Default D****d Drip Hoses! ARGH!

NewsUser wrote:

After letting the water run over an hour and finding the soil around the
hose almost dry as a bone, once again I find that the stupid end cap worked
its way off the hose! Every single one of these drip hoses I've laid out has
popped the end cap. I swear there must be a mole twisting them off. Now I've
got a humongous hole under the compost where the water poured out the end.
Man this ****es me off!!!

karen

Sounds like the water pressure was too high. You might want to consider
investing in a pressure regulator that attaches to your hose bib. Soaker and
drip systems need very low water pressure to be efficient. Unfortunately, that
also means they need to be used in very short runs, so that adequate pressure is
maintained along the length.

pam - gardengal