Old 02-08-2003, 09:23 PM
ned

Default Treating Railway Sleepers

NWalch wrote:
I have created raised beds using railway sleepers cut to size and
fixed vertically. The cut ends are starting to turn white as they
weather.

What can I treat them with as I like the previous dark colour.

I tried the new 'safe' creosote but it soaked it in and I used two
mugs full on just one sleeper end and it was not very dark, no where
near as dark as the sides of the sleepers.

I'm sure your local friendly garage would let you have some old sump
oil. I used it on a shed and never needed to treat it again.
:-) Ignore the howls of "You're not supposed to do that!" It works.

--
ned