Old 03-08-2003, 12:12 AM
Terry Collins

Default Wood ash on gardens

Red wrote:

....snip.....

From what I believe, treated pine is only dangerous under the following
circumstances:
- when being worked (Wear a filter mask)
- when burned (This gives off toxic fumes)
- when in prolonged contact with water, e.g. in waterlogged ground (leeching of
the chemical)

Apparently not the case. There have been posts for a few years from the
USA that this stuff leaches the chemicals all the times. I vaguly
remeber some enquiry in Australia into these claims being announced.

--
Terry Collins {:-)}}} email: terryc at woa.com.au www:
http://www.woa.com.au