Old 03-08-2003, 05:46 AM
Bette Noir

Default Our first Dendrobium

13 (Ebthtr) wrote in message ...
From: "Kenni Judd"

Does the nametag say
anything more than "Dendrobium"?

There are two tags in the pot.

Here's what's on one name tag says Dendrobium
com w/rl.x s. minist
nk 30-02
tcs 793

The other one just has a photo with the name Klassic Beauties and on the other
side w/light, water, temp & size info.

another question: The Phal I bought at Target came in a plastic pot inside a
terra cotta pot. This one came in terra cotta pot only. Would it be a good idea
to put it in a plastic pot, then put the plastic pot in terra cotta?
Just wondering.
Thanks
Linda

That sounds like my very first orchid -- a dendrobium salaya
ministripe from the same company mounted on the same type of wood. I
see them at HD now and then and see the same question about what to do
with it on different boards. I have no useful care tips, but I do
want to say that the wood is more absorbent than it appears from the
outside. I followed a suggestion that I read and carefully peeled off
the wood from around the roots with pliers. It was quite moist inside.
I don't' know know if I did the right thing, just giving you the
information to let you know that it may not be as dry as it looks.

The salaya ministripe is a little cutie, I have to say. I've been
tempted by the others I've run across.