Old 03-08-2003, 08:03 AM
Natalie

Default Advice re Chocolate Cosmos please

"
We bought a couple of chocolate cosmos plants from a garden centre a
little while ago, currently they are still in their pots while we
battle against the 45 foot x 8 foot nettle patch we laughingly call a
garden. The label says nothing apart from the fact they are chocolate
cosmos - or cosmos chocolate, depending on which way you read it...

I have successfully grown chocolate cosmos in a pot for several years here
in North London. They are tender and need to be kept somewhere warmish i.e.
next to the house during the winter. They must be free draining...they
prefer to be drier over the winter. I kept mine in pots partly because they
are late to get going and so I can keep the pot out of site until there is
something to see.

HTH

Natalie