Old 03-08-2003, 12:09 PM
Simon Avery

Default Attaching a hosepipe to a tap without it leaking

(Andy Coleman) wrote:

Hello Andy

AC I would like to attach a hosepipe to it but when I attach
AC the pipe using the fitting I currently have on the end of
AC the pipe water is leaking from the fitting. The fitting is a
AC hozelock one that has a metal screw that is used to tighten
AC the metal band around the rubber connection.

Hozelock also do plastic screw fittings for the common sizes. If your
tap doesn't have a screw thread then it would be a good idea to
replace it. The rubber connectors with a jubilee clip you mention are
fantastic at failing to give a proper seal.

--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK Ý
http://www.digdilem.org/