Old 03-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Ebthtr

Default Our first Dendrobium

From: "Wendy"

but I don't understand? Is the plant
attached
to a piece of wood that is stuck in the pot?

Hi
Thanks for the welcome.
Bear with me on this description.
It's in a 4" pot and it looks like a round log/bark whatever that a hole was
drilled in and then the plant was placed in there. I soaked it this morning in
rainwater. Still feels dry to me...BTW the round bark piece that it sits in is
cracked in the center and I can see the roots there, plus the roots are growing
over the side. They are grey. There is a big main shoot (? don't know the
terminology) with one inflorescense (sp?) and lots of pretty dark purple
flowers. There are about 7 other shoots with the potential for more flowers to
come up from them.

Now another question.
Was in another Home Depot and got another Dendrobium. This one pale purple and
white. One of the blossoms was open and the rest on on their way. Now today it
looks like the opened one is withering and the next one in line to open is
starting to look dry as well. This one is planted in grey colored spagham as
opposed to the other one. I know sometimes an orchid with drop it's flowers
when it's moved. Is this the case?

Thanks for your help
Linda