Old 03-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Mark. Gooley

Default Time for a fence?

"Shiva" wrote:
I think several folks have already weighed in on this issue, including
me.

This stuff looks interesting, as it is not too visible and is very
lightweight so ought not to be expensive:

http://www.ibexmfg.com/benner/

Same product, associated with the same people, as the site I
mentioned. But thanks for mentioning it all the same. That
seems to be their installer's site.

I was thinking about getting the heavy-duty version of their mesh,
which is a tad more expensive but suggested for bigger enclosures.
For the area I have in mind it'd be over 1000 running feet of it, and
I'd guess a total cost around $2000 if I did all the work myself.
Big investment there.

In an ideal universe I'd be able to surround my garden with plants
of "Mermaid" so large and healthy that the deer couldn't make a
dent in them, let alone jump over them. In practice they'd eat the
Mermaids to the ground or at least defoliate them before they could
grow. I have an Austin rose at the perimeter of my garden that has
not bloomed in two years because the deer or insects or something
have eaten every bud and most of the leaves.

Mark.