Old 04-08-2003, 02:12 AM
Martin

Default [IBC] Question on cascade bonsai style.

Yes, Billy, the classic cascade is an upside-down triangle. The only
variant is the tip at the bottom, which is turned to the side as though it
were trying to reverse itself to seek the sun. Yet, I think it's a bit
artificial when I see cascades with a minature bonsai growing at the point
where the trunk begins its plunge downward. One thing's for sure ... in
order for a cascade to be effective, it needs a sharp angle on the trunk
when it leaves the lip of the pot.
Marty