Old 04-08-2003, 03:07 AM
Lynda

Default rhubarb...the search of the plant of rhubarb...where do I begin??

Mauzie wrote:

I would like to plant rhubar on my property. When do I do so. the
Spring..Summer?? How do I but it ?? My gardners did not know where?/ Advise!!

everyone i know has gotten it from a friend or neighbor; ask around.

when you find some, just stick a spade in to divide out a clump and
plant it. (with or without leaf, in spring, summer, or early fall)
water it a lot after you plant it for about 2 weeks and then just
leave it alone.

make sure that the stalks of the parent plant are red; and that you're
not planting burdock (wild rhubarb) which can look similar.

cheers,
Lynda