Old 04-08-2003, 11:43 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] My Chinese Elm [Please Help]

In a message dated 8/4/2003 5:45:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

Im new to Bonsai, only 3 years in the hobby, and my 6yr Chinese Elm
has lost all but 4 leaves, and those leaves have yellowed, except one,
which is green.

There are two possibilities. 1. Chinese Elm can be deciduous depending
upon the variety and cultivar. It depends upon how cold it gets and for how
long.
2. It could be root damage. If you have continued to water on a schedule as
the temperature cools and the tree is not growing and the sun is not drying
you may have overwatered.
In my experience Chinese Elm do recover if watering is the problem and
it is reduced.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --