Old 04-08-2003, 12:02 PM
Oliver Critchley

Default Electric strimmer

"Roy Gillett" wrote in message ...
I've aquired, second hand, a hefty electric strimmer/brushcutter. It's a
GMESS, it says on the casing. It originally came from Screwfix, I think.
It's supposed to have an interchangeable head, either a strimmer head (which
really does make short work of grass) or a four pointed blade for more
troublesome undergrowth. But I can't get the strimmer head off to put the
blade on. The instruction manual is less than helpful, being just a
succession of obscure drawings.

Has anyone got any experience of this model who can help?

I recently bought one of these from Screwfix and have been well
impressed with it. I haven't tried the brushcutter blade yet, but I
seem to remember that the strimmer head simply screwed onto the drive
shaft. Presumably the thread is such that the action of the drive
shaft tightens the screw. So I guess you ought to be able to remove
the strimmer head with a bit of brute force.

Oliver