Old 04-08-2003, 12:26 PM
Spider

Default Boltonia Asteroides?

Boltonia asteroides is in the compositae family. It grows to 5ft by 2ft and
may need staking. Any garden soil, must have sun, but does not like to dry
out. It is advisable to divide every 2 years to keep it young and
vigorous.

If you're not afraid of tall plants, the violet boltonia (actually
pinkish-purple) makes 8ft by 2ft. It is called Boltonia latisquama.

Which garden were you visiting, please? I'd love to see (acquire) this
plant.

Spider
Peter Hemmings wrote in message
I bought the above (rather tall plant) from a garden that was open to
the public last week and cannot find information in any of my books!
Can someone let me have details/point me to the info so I can plant it
in the right place!?
Thanks
--
Peter Hemmings