Old 04-08-2003, 02:02 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Stocking Koi and Gold fish

"Megan Wilson" wrote in message
Right now its all hypothetical, we're bringing in an excavator tomorrow to
dig the pond. i estimate it'll be about 3000 to 4000 gal. how big of a
filter do you think would be necessary? right now i have 4 5" koi and

about
5 or 6 3"-7" goldfish that will be moved to the big pond (the one that's
getting dug right now)once its ready. I'd also like to get a few more fish
once the big pond is ready. Really i just like to pretend i'm planning
ahead.

snip

Go Veggie, and have another body of water with 10-15% of the surface area of
your pond. Toss in Water Hyacinth, Frogbit and a few Iris for color. Stir
gently.

BV.