Old 01-02-2003, 03:20 AM
Zphysics1

Default The best tomato

I agree heartily. For example, I (and my family) love the supersweet 100

cherry
tomato. It's so sweet, it's almost like candy. OTOH, I have a good friend

who
doesn't like them because they're too sweet and he prefers a more tomato-ey
flavor.

Chin up, it got up to 35 today here in northern Fairfield county, CT. A
veritable heat wave. Can spring be far behind?

Mary

I agree, there is no best but I can give you my top 10...subject to
change with each season.

1. Clear Pink Early - tastiest small tomato I have ever grown -
determinate but puts out two sets here.

2. Mortgage Lifter - huge and tasty

3. 4th of July - right up there with Clear Pink Early - extremely
productive indeterminate

4. Pink Ponderosa - Not highly productive but man what a taste.

5. Pink Brandywine - same as above

6. Black Brandywine - best tasting Black I have grown but a bit
disease prone.

7. Delicious - lives up to it's name and the tomatoes are huge.

8. Old Brooks - medium production, very tasty medium-large tomatoes.

9. Bradley - thin-skinned and prone to cracking but very nice taste.

10. Boxcar Willie - supposed to be productive but mine never
are...taste alone would put in top 3, however.