Old 05-08-2003, 04:13 AM
Alexander Pensky

Default rhubarb...the search of the plant of rhubarb...where do I begin??

Jan Flora wrote:
In article , "Travis"
wrote:

Jan Flora wrote:

In article ,
(Mauzie) wrote:

I would like to plant rhubar on my property. When do I do so.
the Spring..Summer?? How do I but it ?? My gardners did not
know where?/ Advise!!

You have to live where the ground freezes solid in the winter
for rhubarb to grow well.

Not true.

Oh, good! I keep hearing stories of folks down south having trouble
growing it.

Jan

I believe rhubarb just needs enough constantly cold weather to make it
go dormant in the winter. That's a long way from the ground "freezing
solid." In a mild winter the ground may never freeze solid even though
the temps. are down around 20 F.

- Alex